Jul. 21st, 1951
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Guest TV Roles
Williams briefly studied political science before enrolling at Juilliard to study theatre. After graduation, he performed in night clubs where he was discovered for the role of Mork on an episode of "Happy Days" (1974) and the subsequent "Mork & Mindy" (1978) TV series. Williams' wild comic talent involves a great deal of improvisation, following in the footsteps of his idol, Jonathan Winters (I). Williams has also proven to be an effective dramatic actor.
- He was a very overweight child. As a result, nobody would play with him. He started talking in different voices to entertain himself.
- He is a fan of the comedy series _"Monty Python's Flying Circus" (1969)_ (qv).
- He and his _Being Human (1993)_ (qv) and _Robots (2005)_ (qv) cast mate, 'Ewan McGregor' (qv), have both shared a role with 'Alec Guinness' (qv). McGregor, of course, played the young Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels. Williams appeared in 'Kenneth Branagh' (qv)'s _Hamlet (1996)_ (qv), as Osric, a part that Guinness had played on stage opposite 'John Gielgud' (qv). Williams also shares that part with another Star Wars series actor, 'Peter Cushing' (qv), who played the same role in the same year in the film, opposite 'Laurence Olivier' (qv).
- Asked by 'James Lipton' (qv) about what he would like to God say when he arrives in the heaven, Williams answered that "There is a seat in the front" in the concert of 'Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart' (qv) and 'Elvis Presley' (qv).
- Williams and 'Robert De Niro' (qv) were the last stars to see 'John Belushi' (qv) alive, albeit on separate visits to bungalow #3 of L.A.'s Chateau Marmont hotel that fateful day in March 1982.
- 2003: Ranked #7 in Star TV's Top 10 Box Office Stars of the 1990s.
- Met second wife 'Marsha Garces Williams' (qv) when she was nanny for his and 'Valerie Velardi' (qv)'s, his first wife, son Zachary.
- Is of Welsh and Scottish heritage.