74 (passed away Mar. 8th, 2004)
Sep. 4th, 1929
London, England, UK
Robin Hunter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1989 - The Phantom of the Opera
1972 - Carry On Matron
1972 - Vampire Circus
1971 - MELODY
1966 - Modesty Blaise
Guest TV Roles
Surgeon Lt. Stone RN
Man in pub
[no bio found]
- As well as acting he also worked as a conference director, and staged several conferences at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane.
- Had two daughters by first wife 'Maria Charles' (qv).
- Hunter joined the Aba Daba Theatre Company, a company founded in Hampstead in 1969 some years before by actress/writer 'Aline Waites' (qv) who became his longtime collaborator. They created many musical comedies and revues for the company.
- Shared a passion for horse racing with second wife 'Amanda Barrie' (qv).
- He was the husband of actress Amanda Barrie. The pair had been separated for 20 years but never divorced. His partner was 'Aline Waites' (qv) during that entire period.
- At 23, he was the youngest chairman ever at the famous Player's Theatre in London, renowned for its "Victorian entertainment", traditional music hall shows and an annual pantomime.
- For over 20 years he and Aline Waites wrote popular anarchic, off-beat pantomimes, which were produced across Europe and America. The pair also compiled The Illustrated Victorian Songbook.
- Son of 'Ian Hunter (I)' (qv) who played Richard the Lionheart in the Adventures of Robin Hood.
Related sites for this celeb