Aug. 20th, 1948
West Bromwich, West Midlands, England, UK
Robert Plant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - It Might Get Loud
1976 - The Song Remains The Same
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Vocals
Himself - Musical Guest
Prior to Hobbstweedle (a pickup blues band formed to honour a gig at West Midlands College Of Education) Robert was the frontman for The Band of Joy - featuring Percy, John Bonham, Paul Lockey (bass), Chris Brown (keyboards) and Kevyn Gammond (guitar). The BOJ were on verge of making a record deal when they split a little acrinmoniously. This led to Rob eventually joining Led Zeppelin after a few blind alleys. The rest is history.
- During a break from the 1975 American tour, Plant and his family were seriously injured in a jeep wreck. This not only caused the remainder of the tour to be cancelled, but it also prevented the band from filming additional footage for their concert film _The Song Remains the Same (1976)_ (qv).
- Ranked #37 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Was the only member of Led Zeppelin who's name did not begin with the letter 'J'.
- 'Elvis Presley' (qv) once teased him about not owning his own plane - Elvis asked where 'Led Zeppelin' (qv) got the jet. "We rented it from Caesar's Palace" said Plant. "I own mine" replied Elvis.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of 'Led Zeppelin' (qv)) in 1995.
- Daughter Carmen is married to 'Charlie Jones (III)' (qv), Robert Plant's bass player for solo tours.
- Attended the funeral in 2004 of DJ 'John Peel (I)' (qv).
- When 'Jimmy Page (I)' (qv) have heard of him playing in another 1960s band, Hobbstweedle, he invited him to become the lead singer for a new rock band --- Led Zeppelin.