May. 4th, 1947
DeKalb, Illinois, USA
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- A member of the Trinity Repertory Company in Rhode Island for fifteen years, he appeared in such 1970s and 1980s Trinity Repertory productions as "Brother to Dragons," "Of Mice and Men," "True West," "American Buffalo" and "Waiting for Godot"; directed such later productions as "Tartuffe," "The Glass Menagerie", "The Miser" and Shekspeare's "Macbeth" and "Twelfth Night"; and was the company's artistic director for four years.
- He worked as a summer truck driver for the father of actor 'John C. Reilly (I)' (qv) in Illinois. Jenkins coincidentally met Reilly when the latter was four years old. The two later worked together in _Step Brothers (2008)_ (qv).
- Parents: Dale Stevens and M. Elizabeth Wheeler Jenkins.
- Served as an artistic director of Rhode Island's Trinity Repertory Theater.
- One of several Rhode Island residents who have made films for the Farrelly Brothers. In four of their pictures, Richard even bought a house down the street from the brothers' childhood home in Cumberland, Rhode Island.
- Has a son and daughter with wife, Sharon.
- Studied theater at Illinois Wesleyan University.
- Was considered for the role of Dr.David Morgenstern on _"ER" (1994)_ (qv).