65 (passed away Jul. 20th, 1987)
Jul. 29th, 1921
San Francisco, California, USA
Richard Egan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1969 - Downhill Racer
1962 - The 300 Spartans
1960 - Pollyanna
1959 - A Summer Place
1958 - The Hunters
1956 - Love Me Tender
1955 - Violent Saturday
1955 - Untamed
1954 - Demetrius and the Gladiators
1953 - Split Second
1953 - Wicked Woman
1951 - Hollywood Story
1950 - The Damned Don't Cry
1950 - The Killer That Stalked New York
1950 - Highway 301
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Edmond Chilton
Lieut. Joe Andes
Father Joe Scarne
Richard Egan has four daughters and one son with Patricia Hardy (I), to whom he was married for nearly 30 years before he passed away. He honorably served as an officer in the Army during World War II, teaching Judo and bayonet & knife fighting. Mr. Egan attended the University of San Francisco for undergrad, and Stanford for graduate studies. He also taught at and attended Northwestern. He was well known for his talent as a leading man, as well as helping once struggling, now successful actors in getting their big break.
- Father of writer/director 'Maureen Egan (II)' (qv).
- Father of Rich Egan; who started and runs Vagrant Records (a successful independent rock label).
- Dated 'Susan Hayward (I)' (qv) before he married 'Patricia Hardy (I)' (qv).
- Godfather of 'Tisha Sterling' (qv).
- His only brother, Willis Egan, was a Jesuit and scholar.
- A devout Catholic, who attended daily mass, Egan didn't marry until he was well into his 30's, an advanced age for the time. He believed marriage was a lifetime commitment and was waiting for the right woman to come along.
- Well known for being a gracious actor, and a favorite among stuntmen. He was deemed an "Honorary Stuntman" by the Stuntmen's Association of America.
Related sites for this celeb