Mar. 30th, 1929
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Richard Dysart's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Hard Rain
1990 - Back to the Future Part III
1987 - Wall Street
1985 - The Falcon and the Snowman
1985 - Warning Sign
1985 - Pale Rider
1985 - Mask
1982 - The Thing
1979 - Meteor
1979 - Being There
1979 - Prophecy
1975 - The Day of the Locust
1975 - The Hindenburg
1974 - The Terminal Man
1971 - The Hospital
1968 - Petulia
1963 - Love with the Proper Stranger
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Bartholomew (Voiced)
Major General Benedict Arnold
President Harry S Truman
Richard Dysart served for four years in the Air Force during the Korean War. He's a founding member of the American Conservatory Theatre, San Francisco. He received the Drama Desk Award in 1972 and a Emmy Award in 1992. He is good friends with Diana Muldaur, who played Rosalind Shays on L.A. Law.
- Earned a Master's degree in Speech Communication at Emerson College.
- Twice portrayed President Harry S. Truman in The Winds of War (1988) and Day One (1989).
- Is a brother of the Phi Alpha Tau fraternity based out of Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts.
- In 1990, he was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Law.
- Worked with L.A. Law co-star Diana Muldaur at New York's legendary Circle in the Square Theatre in the 60s. Muldaur has described Dysart as "wonderful" and "a great character actor".
- The scene where his L.A. Law character, Leland, were discovered in bed with his enemy Rosalind, was ranked as the 38th greatest moment in television in the March 1991 issue of EGG magazine.
- Enjoys dogs, writing, art, cooking, fitness, backpacking and ocean swimming. He is a certified open water diver.
- Worked for a local radio station while growing up in the Kennebac Valley in Maine.
Related sites for this celeb