Jul. 20th, 1967
New York City, New York, USA
Reed Diamond's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Berkeley
2005 - Good Night, and Good Luck
2004 - Spider-Man 2
2003 - S.W.A.T.
1995 - Assassins
1994 - Clear and Present Danger
1990 - Memphis Belle
Guest TV Roles
Detective Terry Crowley
Dr. Mike Gordon
FBI Special Agent Hayes Flynn
CBI Agent Ray Haffner
Diamond was born and raised in New York City. He attended school at UNC-Chapel Hill and then went on to study acting at The Juilliard School in New York. His professional career began in 1990 with his co-starring role in the movie Memphis Belle (1990). Following that, he appeared on Broadway, and in many television movies, and guest-star roles on TV.
He is probably best known for playing "Detective Mike Kellerman" on the critically acclaimed NBC television show "Homicide: Life on the Street" (1993).
Diamond most recently guest-starred on television in, "October Road," "Ghost Whisperer" (2005), "Vanished" (2006), "Without a Trace" (2002), "Numb3rs" (2005), "Law & Order" (1990), "CSI", "Medium" (2005), "The West Wing" (1999), "Judging Amy" (1999), "Crossing Jordan" (2001), and "The Shield" (2002).
Some of his most notable movie credits include Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005), Spider-Man 2 (2004) and S.W.A.T. (2003).
Diamond resides in Los Angeles with his wife, actress Marnie McPhail.
- The family summered in Ocean City, New Jersey, and lived there for a year when Reed was 7.
- Ex-son-in-law of 'Stephen F. Kesten' (qv).
- His mother Allison is an astrologer and lives in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
- Plays guitar in the rock band "Chuck Valiant". His wife, 'Marnie McPhail' (qv) is the lead singer.
- Dated actress 'Kristin Davis (I)' (qv) for six months in 2000; they attended the Emmys together that year. It was an amicable breakup: The two portrayed a married couple in _Three Days (2001) (TV)_ (qv) the following year.
- His parents divorced when he was a child.
- His father, 'Bob Diamond (I)' (qv), directed _"The Joe Franklin Show" (1950)_ (qv), and later was director of supernumeraries and children with the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.
- Had wanted to be a real police officer and attended the L.A. Police Academy.