Mar. 27th, 1963
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Quentin Tarantino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Death Proof
2007 - Planet Terror
2007 - Diary of the Dead
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2007 - Grindhouse
2004 - Kill Bill Vol. 2
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Full Tilt Boogie
1997 - Jackie Brown
1996 - From Dusk Till Dawn
1995 - Four Rooms
1995 - Desperado
1994 - Pulp Fiction
1994 - Sleep With Me
1992 - Reservoir Dogs
1987 - My Best Friend's Birthday
Guest TV Roles
Master Moloch (Voiced)
In January of 1992, Reservoir Dogs (1992) appeared at the Sundance Film Festival, by first-time writer-director Quentin Tarantino. The film garnered critical acclaim and the director became a legend immediately. Two years later, he followed up Dogs success with Pulp Fiction (1994) which premiered at the Cannes film festival, winning the coveted Palme D'Or Award. At the 1995 Academy Awards, it was nominated for the best picture, best director and best original screenplay. Tarantino and writing partner Roger Avary came away with the award only for best original screenplay. In 1995, Tarantino directed one fourth of the anthology Four Rooms (1995) with friends and fellow auteurs Alexandre Rockwell, Robert Rodriguez (I) and Allison Anders. The film opened on December 25th in the United States to very weak reviews. Tarantino's next film was From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), a vampire/crime story which he wrote and co-starred with George Clooney. The film did fairly well theatrically.
- Wrote the forward for the book Unfiltered: The Complete 'Ralph Bakshi' (qv)".
- He is a good friend of 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' (qv).
- Considers _Ride in the Whirlwind (1965)_ (qv) one of the finest Westerns ever made, even writing an extensive article about it for Sight And Sound magazine titled A Rare Sorrow. The article was featured in the _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) Special Edition DVD as an extra and also appears in Paul A. Woods' Film Geek Files (pgs. 129-132). Interestingly, the director of Ride in the Whirlwind, 'Monte Hellman' (qv), was the executive producer of _Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv).
- Named after the 'Burt Reynolds (I)' (qv) character Quint Asper from _"Gunsmoke" (1955)_ (qv)
- Directed 4 actors in Oscar nominated performances: 'John Travolta' (qv), 'Samuel L. Jackson' (qv), 'Uma Thurman' (qv), and 'Robert Forster (I)' (qv).
- Has named _Rio Bravo (1959)_ (qv) as one of his favorite films.
- On _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv), he stated his all-time favorite James Bond film is _From Russia with Love (1963)_ (qv).
- Was guest director for one scene for 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' (qv)' _Sin City (2005)_ (qv).