Jun. 7th, 1958
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Prince's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1990 - Graffiti Bridge
1986 - Under the Cherry Moon
1984 - Purple Rain
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
[no bio found]
- Inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in March 2004.
- Started the careers of 'Vanity (I)' (qv) and 'Carmen Electra' (qv) amongst others.
- Performed at the Super Bowl XLI halftime show in Miami, Florida, to a worldwide television audience of 140 million viewers. (4 February 2007).
- Thrilled his hometown fans by performing three shows over twelve hours, only stopping when police shut him down. The Minneapolis native first performed at a department store to promote his new cologne, cramming nine songs into a 45-minute set. He then played that night at the Target Center arena. He capped the night with a return to First Avenue, the club he made famous in the movie _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv). Minnesota's governor and the Minneapolis mayor issued proclamations honoring Prince, and fans flew in from all over the country to see the performer. After the Target Center, Prince waited until nearly 2:45 a.m. before starting the First Avenue show, the first time he had played at the club since 1987. The city lets music play until 4 a.m. He was 15 songs and 70 minutes into a 24-song set when he announced from the stage: "The authorities say we gotta go. We always listen to the authorities. I promise I'll be back." (7 July 2007).
- One of the very few musicians who writes, produces and composes all his music himself. On most of his albums, he plays all the instruments himself, except for brass instruments, which he does not play, though he does have a backing band for concerts. His songwriting skills have provided hits for others such as 'Chaka Khan (I)' (qv), 'Sinéad O'Connor' (qv) and 'Jordan Knight' (qv).
- His 1984 album "Purple Rain" sold 13 million copies in the United States.
- Winner of the 1993 Brit Award for International Solo Artist.
- Is a Vegetarian.