Jul. 28th, 1941
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Guest TV Roles
Sergeant Havoc (Voiced)
Additional Voices (Voiced)
Captain Slaughter (Voiced)
Mackey McSlime (Voiced)
Doctor Whitson (Voiced)
Sour Puss (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Stated that of all the roles that he has done, his signature role, Optimus Prime, is his favorite. He described playing Prime in the 2007 film as "slipping into a very old, very comfortable pair of shoes." He explained his preference for the character by saying "making people happy makes me happy.".
- Has stated that the voice of legendary American film actor John Wayne had some influence on his choice for the voice of Optimus Prime. However, he clarified in an interview for the 2007 Transformers video game that the inspiration for Prime's voice was actually based on an impression of his older brother's voice -- the authoritative tone he used while serving as an officer with the Marine Corps during the Vietnam War.
- Son is stuntman 'Clay Cullen' (qv)
- He was the first actor to voice Nintendo's video game mascot Mario - of Super Mario Brothers - for the Saturday Supercade series.
- Was one, of only two, voice-over actors from the original _"Transformers" (1984)_ (qv) animated series to voice a character in the live action film version, _Transformers (2007)_ (qv). The other being 'Charles Adler (I)' (qv). Cullen once again provided the voice of the valiant Autobot leader, Optimus Prime for the film.
- Father of Clay, Claire and Pilar E. Cullen.
- Graduated from the National Theater School of Canada in 1963.
- Graduated from Regiopolios College in Kingston Ontario, Canada.
Related sites for this celeb