Oct. 18th, 1975
Hollywood, California, USA
Ossie Beck's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Munich
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
2004 - The Girl Next Door
Guest TV Roles
While pursuing pre-med at the University of Santa Barbara, Ossie Beck enrolled in acting to balance the intensity of his biology and chemistry courses. Originally intending to be a pharmacist, Ossie instead found early success in business as a Senior Consultant and Ultimately became Employee of the Year for International Dairy Queen on the east coast. But it was not meant to be. He soon left his soft serve life to pursue another melting passion - acting.
Upon his return to his native Southern California, Ossie studied acting in Los Angeles with Margie Haber, Lesly Kahn and at the Odyssey Theatre with Ron Sossi. He is also a graduate of the World Famous Improv Olympic.
He co-stars in the hotly anticipated feature film Munich from Oscar-winning director Steven Spielberg (December 23, 2005). The Script, written by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tony Kushner (Angels In America), stars Eric Bana, Daniel Craig and Oscar̉-winner Geoffrey Rush.
Munich chronicles the 1972 Summer Games marred by the kidnapping and slaying of Israeli athletes by Palestinian militants. Eleven Israelis lost their lives in the bloody tragedy, including the nine hostages (one played my Ossie) killed in a botched rescue attempt at a military air base outside Munich. Five snipers and a German policeman also died. Three of the militants were captured alive. All while Olympic officials carried on with the competition.
Born on Sunset Blvd and raised in Northridge (California), Ossie currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Was on the track team for 3 years where he pole vaulted and ran hurdles.
- His first appearance was in the trailer for the feature, "Frequency".
- In his first time ever playing Texas Hold 'Em at the Morongo Casino Celebrity Poker Tournament, he made it to the final table.
- Is of Greek, Turkish, Israeli and Bulgarian ancestry.
- Shared an apartment with fellow Munich (2005) actor 'Sam Feuer' (qv).
- Was a finalist to Host American Idol against 'Ryan Seacrest' (qv).
- Traveled around Greece, London, Vienna, Israel, Germany and France after filming Munich for 4 weeks in Budapest.
- Took him 5 months to book the role of "Eliezer Halfin" in 'Steven Spielberg' (qv)'s _Munich (2005)_ (qv). Auditioned in Hebrew and English.
Related sites for this celeb