72 (passed away Jan. 17th, 2004)
Aug. 31st, 1931
Mineola, Texas, USA
Noble Willingham's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2000 - South of Heaven, West of Hell
1996 - Up Close & Personal
1994 - The Hudsucker Proxy
1994 - Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
1994 - City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold
1993 - Fire in the Sky
1992 - Article 99
1992 - The Distinguished Gentleman
1992 - Of Mice and Men
1991 - The Last Boy Scout
1991 - Career Opportunities
1991 - City Slickers
1989 - Blind Fury
1987 - Good Morning Vietnam
1987 - La Bamba
1987 - Born in East L.A.
1981 - The Howling
1980 - Brubaker
1979 - Butch and Sundance: The Early Days
1977 - Greased Lightning
1974 - Big Bad Mama
1974 - Chinatown
1973 - Paper Moon
1971 - The Last Picture Show
Guest TV Roles
Mayor Warren Jarvis
Det - Sgt. Sonny Wills
Noble Willingham has appeared in more than 30 feature films, including Up Close & Personal (1996), Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994), Chinatown (1974), Good Morning, Vietnam, City Slickers, City Slickers II, and The Distinguished Gentleman. He was born in the small town of Mineola, Texas, east of Dallas. After graduating from North Texas State College, he earned a master's degree in educational psychology from Baylor University. Willingham was a teacher before following his long-time dream of becoming an actor. He auditioned for a part in the film The Last Picture Show, which was filmed in Texas. He won the role, which led to another, in Paper Moon. On television, Willingham had a recurring role in the series Home Improvement and appeared as a guest star in the series Murder, She Wrote and Northern Exposure, both on CBS, and Quantum Leap. He appeared in the television film Men Don't Tell on CBS. His additional television film credits include Woman with a Past, The Alamo, and Unconquered. Willingham has a daughter, Stori. His birthday is August 31.
- Worked as a roustabout and steamfitter in the Texas oil fields before receiving his master's degree in educational psychology at Baylor University and teaching government and economics at a Houston Texas high school.
- Has one daughter, Stori Willingham, and two stepchildren, Meghan McGlohen and John Ross McGlohen. Has one grandson, Noble Willingham III.
- Unsuccessful Republican nominee for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000 for the First Congressional District of Texas against Representative Max Sandlin.
- An only child.
- 1953 graduate of North Texas State University (became University of North Texas - May 1988) Denton, Texas USA
- Buried at Riverside National Cemetery in Riverside, California.
- Returned to acting after he lost his bid for a Republican congressional seat. His last film appearance was in _Blind Horizon (2003)_ (qv), starring 'Val Kilmer' (qv) and was released posthumously.
- Before launching his career in television and film, Willingham taught economics at Sam Houston High School in Houston, Tx.
Related sites for this celeb