Apr. 12th, 1971
Los Angeles, California, USA
Nicholas Brendon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Portal
2008 - Blood on the Highway
2007 - Unholy
2002 - Demon Island
1995 - Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest
Guest TV Roles
Huntsboy #89 (Voiced)
Guy In Ray-Ray's Gang
Nicholas Brendon was born three minutes after his identical twin brother, actor Kelly Donovan on April 12, 1971 in Los Angeles, California. He attended Chatsworth High School, where he struggled with stuttering but was also a starter on the baseball team. He had dreams of playing for the L.A. Dodgers, but had to pursue other options when he hurt his arm about a year after graduating high school.
He got his big break as an actor when he landed the role of Xander Harris on the hugely successful TV series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997). The series ran from 1997 until 2003, garnering a huge cult following as well as a large fanbase for Brendon. Brendon and brother Kelly appeared together in the episode "The Replacement", in which Xander has to cope with having a seemingly sinister double. His first major role in a feature film came with the Charles Busch (I) satire Psycho Beach Party (2000). Brendon has also starred in the ABC Family Channel original movie Celeste in the City (2004) (TV). Brendon is a spokesperson for the Stuttering Foundation of America, appearing in a print campaign for the organization.
- Named #4 of the Top Ten Sexiest Men of the Buffy / Angel universe in a fan poll by the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanzine (2004).
- Attended Pasadena City College.
- Appeared with 'David Boreanaz' (qv) (Angel), 'Kristine Sutherland' (qv) (Joyce Summers), and 'Mark Lutz' (qv) (Groosalugg) at the Angel And Buffy Convention held at the Brighton Centre in Brighton, England, 29 August, 2003.
- Was the original choice to play Malcolm Reynolds on _"Firefly" (2002)_ (qv), but was unavailable due to his Buffy schedule. The part went to 'Nathan Fillion' (qv) instead.
- He was 'Marley Shelton' (qv)'s high school prom date. He bought her 100 roses, wore a tux and drove a black convertible Mustang. Marley said that he "totally did it right".
- Mother is talent agent 'Kathleen Schultz' (qv).
- Still keeps in touch with his _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) co-star, 'Charisma Carpenter' (qv).
- Enjoys baseball, camping, and spending quality time with family and friends. An early aspiration to play professional baseball was cut short after an arm injury in his teen years.