Sep. 24th, 1962
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Nia Vardalos' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - I Hate Valentine's Day
2009 - My Life In Ruins
2002 - My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Graduated From Ryerson University's School Of Acting
- Is an alumna of The Second City.
- Married NY-born TV actor 'Ian Gomez' (qv) in Winnipeg's St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church.
- She was nominated for a 1994 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Revue for "Whitewater for Chocolate" at the Second City Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Her one-woman play "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was turned into a movie after 'Rita Wilson (I)' (qv) saw the play and recommended it to her husband 'Tom Hanks' (qv).
- Was a vegetarian for eleven years before her family wore her down.
- Named after her grandmothers Eugenia and Antonia.
- Became a naturalized U.S. citizen on April 20, 1999.