Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2006 - Relative Strangers
2005 - Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Panic
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Scream 3
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Scream
1996 - The Craft
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series "Party of Five" (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim "Sidney Prescott" in Scream (1996/I), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming "Party of Five" (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside Matthew Perry (I) and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with Denise Richards and Matt Dillon (I), though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002) (TV), both directed by Henry Bromell.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- In an interview, she said that her main beauty tip is, to keep your face looking thin, dip your face into ice-cold water, complete with ice cubes, three times for six seconds each. But she warned that she does occasionally have headaches afterwards.
- (1999) Revealed that at aged 14 she suffered a "nervous breakdown" which resulted in complete hairloss, and that only intensive acupunture grew it back.
- Close friends with 'Charlie Condou' (qv) according to Radio Times (July 2008).
- The Campbell family was named the "spokesfamily" of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada.
- In 2003, was offered the part of Velma Kelly, in Broadway production of "Chicago", but turned down the offer in order to promote _The Company (2003)_ (qv) in which she starred, produced and co-wrote.
- She started taking taking ballet at the age of six, after seeing a production of "The Nutcracker."
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Erin Matthews' (qv).
- Was originally going to be a ballerina, but quit due to accumulating injuries (she had a bunion removed from her big toe and her joints were practically worn away), so she finally gave up dance. She still works out at the bar regularly and made the movie _The Company (2003)_ (qv) because of her love for the art.