Jan. 17th, 1969
London, England, UK
Naveen Andrews' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Grindhouse
2007 - Planet Terror
2007 - The Brave One
2004 - Bride & Prejudice
2003 - Easy
2002 - Rollerball
1998 - Mighty Joe Young
1997 - Kama Sutra - A Tale of Love
1996 - The English Patient
Guest TV Roles
Detective Ash Ramsey
Born Naveen William Sidney Andrews in London, England of Indian origin on January 17, 1969, this gifted actor had a penchant for older women. He was raised in Wandsworth, South London (beside the River Thames) to a fairly conservative family. When he was 16, he fell in love with his Mathematics teacher, Geraldone Feakins, who bore his child, Jaisal, in 1992. Naveen (which means "new" in Hindi) was quoted in an interview later on saying that "[his] father would call [him] a prostitute" albeit being famous at his school "for going out with a maths teacher." He went on, however and auditioned for drama school and was accepted at London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama with Ewan McGregor and David Thewlis (of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).) His studies paid off when he won a role in Hanif Kureshi's film, London Kills Me (1991). He is best known for his role as that "Sikh bloke" in The English Patient (1996) and as Sayid in the popular television series "Lost" (2004). He lives in Los Angeles, California with his girlfriend, actress Barbara Hershey (who is 21 years his senior.)
- A fan of country music
- His first name means "new" in Sanskrit.
- Was voted Sexiest Survivalist in 2005 by People Magazine.
- Although he portrays an Iraqi on the show Lost, he is actually British, of Indian descent.
- Attended the "Guildhall Schoolof Music and Drama" along with 'Ewan McGregor' (qv) and 'David Thewlis' (qv).
- At the age of 16 he caused a stir by moving in with his teacher, Geraldine Feakins.
- Fan of Chelsea FC (England football club).
- Has a son 'Jaisal' with Geraldine Feakins