Sep. 16th, 1925
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Morgan Woodward's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1985 - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
1980 - Battle Beyond the Stars
1977 - Which Way Is Up?
1976 - The Killing of a Chinese Bookie
1968 - Firecreek
1967 - Cool Hand Luke
Guest TV Roles
U.S. Marshal Ted Garnett
[no bio found]
- Attended the University of Texas in the late 1940s.
- An article in "Newsweek" magazine on screen "heavies" entitled "The Dirty Half Dozen" named Woodward as on of the six most wanted bad guys in television and motion pictures.
- After graduating from college, Woodward entered the University of Texas Law School in 1951. His studies were interrupted when he was recalled to active duty with the Air Force during the Korean War. He was sent to Korea and served with the Military Air Transport Command. After being demobilized, he did not return to law school but became an actor instead.
- Holds the record for having done more guest starring roles on the series _"Gunsmoke" (1955)_ (qv) (19) and _"Wagon Train" (1957)_ (qv) (11) than any other actor.
- In August of 1995, Woodward received the "Lifetime Achievement Award" for western film acting from the "Wild West Film Festival" in Sonora, California.
- Woodward's chief hobby is restoring, rebuilding and flying antique airplanes. In aviation circles, he is recognized as an authority on Early American Aircraft and has received numerous awards for his restoration projects.
- Father was a doctor.
- Has four brothers.
Related sites for this celeb