Oct. 24th, 1980
College Park, Georgia, USA
Monica Arnold's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - ATL
2000 - Boys and Girls
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Musical Guest
Herself - Audience Member
Monica Arnold was born October 24, 1980, in Oak Park, Georgia. Having both African American and Native American heritage. At the age of four, she began singing in her local church choir. After entering many talent shows, Monica was spotted by Dallas Austin, a record producer, who has put albums out for such big named artists,such as TLC. Amazed by her voice, Dallas offered her a record deal,with his Artista-Distributed Rowdy Records label. After her debut album 'Miss Thang' Monica's career began to really start. Her album included smash singles including "Before you walk out of my Life" and "Why I love you so Much." After graduating high school at the age of sixteen with a 4.0 grade average, Monica released her second album 'The Boy is Mine.' Teaming up with another teen icon, Brandy Norwood, the two put together a massive radio hit, "The Boy is Mine." She also put out other hit singles, "Angel of Mine" and "First Night." Her duet with Brandy went on to receive many awards, including Best Video of the Year, and best R&B Song. After her success with the album, she appeared on many television talk shows, 'Rosie ODonnell, David Letterman, and also a small stint on "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990). Not only seen on television, Monica was also noticed on basically every teen magazine, YM, Teen People, Twist and Teen. After accomplishing singing, Monica accomplished another thing, acting. Summer 2000 released her first feature film, Boys and Girls (2000). Later she will have a starring role, opposite Charisma Carpenter in The Twins(2001).
- Second son, Romello Montez, born January 8, 2008.
- Won a Grammy award and MTV Video Music Award in 1998 for her #1 hit duet with Brandy, "The Boy Is Mine".
- Engaged to Rowdy Records co-owner Rodney R. Hill
- Cousin of rapper 'Ludacris'.
- Is Ciara Harris' god-sister.
- Wears a arm band around her left arm to cover a tattoo because she doesn't want to encourage young girls to get a tattoo.
- Son Rodney Ramon Hill was born May 21st, 2005 he weighed in at 7 lbs, 22 oz, and was 21 inches long.
- (1997) Graduated high school at age 16 with a 4.0 GPA. She skipped ahead by studying year round with a private tutor.
Related sites for this celeb