May. 20th, 1966
Los Angeles, California, USA
Mindy Cohn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Third Wish
1986 - The Boy Who Could Fly
Guest TV Roles
Ms. Whisp (Voiced)
Cohn was born in Los Angeles, California. She was discovered by actress Charlotte Rae when Rae and other producers of The Facts of Life visited Westlake School in Bel Air, California, while doing research for the show. Cohn was cast in the role of Natalie and portrayed the character for the entire run of the series, from 1979 to 1988, as well in the reunion movie of 2001. The impact of her work on The Facts of Life was honored when she was ranked 43 on VH1's List of 100 Greatest Kids Stars.
Cohn has continued with her acting career outside of The Facts of Life. In 1986, she appeared in The Boy Who Could Fly playing the part of 'Geneva'. She also had guest appearances in other popular TV shows such as in Charles In Charge in the episode "Bottle Baby" playing Buddy's sister Bunny, a young alcoholic, in 1988, as well as two guest appearances in the second season of the cop drama 21 Jump Street, in the episodes "Christmas In Saigon" in 1987 and "Chapel of Love" in 1988 playing Rosa.
In 2003 she was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for her work on the TV show What's New Scooby Doo?, where she did the voice of Velma Dinkley. She also reprised her role of Velma on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated along with several Scooby Doo movies.
She also received a positive notice from Variety in her role in the 2007 Daniel Waters directed comedy film Sex and Death 101.
Cohn said that one of the reasons she did The Facts of Life Reunion film in 2001 was because she claims that the actors in the long-running series have been wrongly denied a cut of the syndication and DVD profits from the series. "We all never got paid and still don't get paid for DVDs and reruns ... we felt we were owed."
In 2010, she played the role of Violet, the leading character in Casper Andreas' movie Violet Tendencies.
On October 29, 2010, she appeared on the Season 8 premiere of TLC's What Not to Wear.
On July 13, 2011, she appeared in an episode of Hot in Cleveland.
On March 26, 2012, she appeared on Secret Life of the American Teenager.
In addition to her acting career, she has earned a degree in cultural anthropology from Loyola Marymount University and is a founding member of the weSpark cancer support center.
- Actress Charlotte Rae discovered Mindy Cohn, and she also named her character Natalie on _"The Facts of Life" (1979)_ (qv). Rae, who played Mrs. Garrett, first saw Cohn after she and the show's producers noticed her entertaining a group of friends at Harvard-Westlake School, where they'd gone to research and observe.
- Graduated from Loyola Marymount in 1995 with a degree in sociology.
- Attended Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles, when she was discovered for _"The Facts of Life" (1979)_ (qv).
- Continues to look for acting work and turns down all the VH1 reality shows ("The Celebrity Fit Club", etc.) because she doesn't want to cash in on her early "Facts" fame.
- Ranked #43 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Member of the board of directors of weSPARK, a cancer survivor organization founded by actress 'Wendie Jo Sperber' (qv).
- Was parodied in the Clerks TV show.
Related sites for this celeb