Jul. 25th, 1987
Los Angeles, California, USA
Michael Welch's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
2009 - The Twilight Saga: New Moon
2008 - Twilight
2008 - Day of the Dead
2008 - American Son
2007 - An American Crime
2006 - All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
2003 - The United States Of Leland
2001 - Delivering Milo
1998 - Star Trek: Insurrection
Guest TV Roles
Curly Gammelthorpe (Voiced)
Young Jack O'Neill
14 Year Old 'Guy'
Michael Welch has already made a strong impression on the entertainment world.
Starting at the age of 10, he has worked in every aspect of the business including film, television, voice-over, and stage. Michael is the recipient of two Young Artist Awards, one for his performance at age 10 in Star Trek: Insurrection, his first feature film, and another for his work as Luke Girardi on the television series Joan of Arcadia, which ran for two seasons on CBS.
Welch will star in Unrequited, a psychological thriller, directed by Jason Epperson. Second place winner of The Lot, executive produced by Stephen Speilberg, Epperson has chosen Unrequited for his first feature film and Welch to play the lead role. Shooting is scheduled to begin July 2009 in Kentucky.
Michael has completed 19 films in his 11-year career. He recently completed filming The Twilight Saga: New Moon, the second in the series of best-selling novels by Stephenie Meyer. He plays the popular Mike Newton, and has already received much attention for his role in Twilight both within the industry as well as from many fans. He can be seen in award-winning festival favorites such as My Suicide, An American Crime, United States of Leland, and American Son, and will soon be seen in All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Lost Dream, and Rough Hustle.
Michael is familiar to television audiences for his many starring roles on Emmy Award-winning shows. He recently starred in an episode of CSI and an arc on The Riches. During the past few years he appeared on CSI: Miami, Numb3rs, Law & Order: SVU, Crossing Jordan, NCIS, Cold Case, and Without a Trace. His earlier years included performances on Stargate SG-1, Judging Amy, The District, Touched by an Angel, Malcolm in the Middle, The X-Files, The Pretender, 7th Heaven, Chicago Hope, and Frasier.
In spite of his busy schedule he finds time for theatre (Speech & Debate-2008), received the 2005 Star Innovative Award for environmental causes and has been active with the charity Kids With a Cause since 1999.
Welch is represented by Curtis Talent Management and Innovative Artists.
- Has played both an autistic youth in the movie "United States of Leland", and a genius in the series "Joan of Arcadia".
- Played a younger version of Colonel Jack O'Neill ('Richard Dean Anderson' (qv)) in the _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) episode, 'Fragile Balance.' His _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) co-star 'Mary Steenburgen' (qv) has been mentioned several times on that series as being O'Neill's heartthrob.
- Comments that after shooting the entire first season of _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv), he was recognized just as equally from a single episode of _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv).
- Has worked with two different actors who were born on January 23, 1950: 'Richard Dean Anderson' (qv) in the _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) episode "Fragile Balance" and 'Richard Gilliland' (qv) in the _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) episodes "Death Be Not Whatever" and "The Devil Made Me Do It".
- His family owns a dog named Charley. It was a runaway after the 1994 earthquake in Northridge, California that they adopted.
- Is close friends with his _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) co-star 'Chris Marquette' (qv) and 'Aaron Himelstein' (qv) who played the recurring character Friedman on that series.
- His favourite TV show is _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv).
- He is a skilled drummer.