Jul. 8th, 1968
New York City, New York, USA
Michael Weatherly's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Charlie Valentine
2005 - Her Minor Thing
2000 - Gun Shy
2000 - The Specials
1998 - The Last Days of Disco
1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
Guest TV Roles
Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo
Michael was born in New York City on 8th July 1968. Raised in Fairfield, CT, he left college to pursue a career in acting. He also had a great passion for music, and played in a band while pursuing his acting career. While playing in the band, he began acting professionally and landed his first job as Theo Huxtable's roommate on "The Cosby Show" (1984) and a role in the independent film Trigger Happy (2001) opposite Rosario Dawson . This led to numerous guest spots on television and brought him to Los Angeles. After moving to Los Angeles, he landed a series regular role in the FOX television series "Significant Others" (1998) . Michael then met director Whit Stillman , who cast him in the film The Last Days of Disco (1998) opposite ChloŽ Sevigny . Michael also starred as Christina Applegate 's ex-husband on the television series _"Jesse" (1999)_ and in the films The Specials (2000) opposite Rob Lowe (I) , Venus and Mars (2001) opposite Lynn Redgrave and Gun Shy (2000) opposite Liam Neeson and Sandra Bullock . In 1995, he married actress Amelia Heinle who appeared with him in both "The City" (1995) and "Loving" (1983). Tragically, their marriage ended in divorce in 1997, despite the birth of their son August in 1996. Michael currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Uncle of 'Alexandra Breckenridge' (qv) from Dirt and _She's the Man (2006)_ (qv).
- Briefly dated 'Rachel Hunter (I)' (qv) after her separation from 'Rod Stewart (I)' (qv).
- Has one son, August Manning, born in 1996, with ex-wife 'Amelia Heinle' (qv).
- Was engaged to _"Dark Angel" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Jessica Alba' (qv).
- He attended Boston University, American University in Washington DC, American University in Paris and Menlo College before dropping out of college completely to pursue an acting career.
- Played in a band to supplement his acting in the early days of his career. He plays guitar and piano. He also sold shoes, delivered pizzas, dabbled in songwriting and also worked in the videotape library of ABC. A big part of his job there was to log and cart around one-inch reels of videotape.
- Son of Michael Manning Weatherly, Sr., who made millions as the American importer of the Swiss Army Knife, and Patricia, a hospital administrator.
- Attended the TV Week Logies on May 6, 2007 as an international guest for Channel 10. The Logies were held in the Crown Casino Complex in Melbourne, Australia. Michael was accompanied by his niece, 'Alexandra Breckenridge' (qv) .