May. 5th, 1943
Ranmoor, Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
[no bio found]
- He is an old boy of the ultra-exclusive and expensive English Public school, Shrewsbury School. The section of "Monty Python's meaning of life" set in the school of "Sudbury" is a reference to his time there.
- Was born the son of an engineer in the industrial city of Sheffield.
- Children: Thomas (b. 1969), William (b. 1971) and Rachel (b. 1975)
- In a quest for a "Peter Jonesy sort of voice", the casting crew for the original radio series, "The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy" approached Palin to play the part of The Book (he turned the part down). The part was eventually given to the very "Peter Jonesy" 'Peter Jones (I)' (qv).
- Member of Monty Python along with 'John Cleese' (qv), 'Graham Chapman' (qv), 'Terry Jones (I)' (qv), 'Eric Idle' (qv) and 'Terry Gilliam' (qv).
- He is a graduate of Oxford with a degree in History.
- The Virgin Super Voyager train number 221 130 named after him.
- Whilst filming _"Full Circle with Michael Palin" (1997)_ (qv), Palin helped to hatch a baby crocodile and asked the crew to get a shot of himself with a crocodile in his hand.