Mar. 7th, 1942
Mount Kisco, New York, USA
Michael Eisner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Pixar Story
2005 - Sketches of Frank Gehry
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
[no bio found]
- After receiving an unprecedented rebuke from shareholders in 2004 with 43% of shares being withheld for his re-election, he stepped down as the Chairman of the Board, and continued to hold the position of CEO.
- Son, Joe Eisner, currently attending UC Berkeley.
- While he was an executive at Paramount, he said the best script he ever read was _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)_ (qv).
- When dissatisfied with his work at NBC, he mailed out hundreds of resumés to further his career. He received just one response - from 'Barry Diller' (qv) at ABC.
- Father of 'Breck Eisner' (qv) and 'Eric Eisner (I)' (qv).
- When 'Barry Diller' (qv) brough Eisner to Paramount in 1976, the company was firmly in sixth place (out of six) in the movie industry, without a single release in the box-office top ten. Two years later, half of the top box-office were Paramount productions, and Paramount was the top movie studio.
- Worked his way up from an mid-level manager to the VP of Prime Time Production at ABC (1966-1976).
- In the early 1990s, after he cashed out some of the options he enjoyed which were tied to the performance of the Walt Disney Co., he walked away with over $100 million in cash.
Related sites for this celeb