Jul. 31st, 1956
Anniston, Alabama, USA
Michael Biehn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - The Divide
2007 - Planet Terror
2007 - Grindhouse
2007 - The Insatiable
2005 - Havoc
2005 - Mang lung
2002 - Clockstoppers
2001 - Megiddo: The Omega Code 2
2000 - Cherry Falls
2000 - The Art of War
1996 - The Rock
1996 - Mojave Moon
1995 - Jade
1993 - Tombstone
1993 - Deadfall
1992 - K2
1991 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
1990 - Navy Seals
1989 - The Abyss
1988 - The Seventh Sign
1986 - Aliens
1984 - The Terminator
1978 - Coach
1978 - Grease
Guest TV Roles
Rookie Patrolman Randall Buttman
Deputy Commissioner Leland Dockerty
Lt. Jay Frye
Detective Ron Fullwood
Michael Biehn was born on July 31, 1956 in Anniston, Alabama, grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska, and at age 14 moved with his family to Lake Havasu, Arizona, where he won a drama scholarship to the University of Arizona. He left prematurely two years later to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. His first big role was as a psychotic fan stalking Lauren Bacall in The Fan (1981) and later appeared in The Lords of Discipline (1983). He hit the big-time when he was cast as Kyle Reese, the man sent back through time to stop Arnold Schwarzenegger in James Cameron (I)'s The Terminator (1984). This established a good working relationship with Cameron, a relationship that should have catapulted Biehn to international stardom. He starred in Cameron's subsequent films, Aliens (1986) and The Abyss (1989), the latter a standout performance as unstable Navy SEAL officer Lt. Coffey. In the 1990s he starred in films like Navy Seals (1990), K2 (1991) and was particularly memorable as Johnny Ringo in Tombstone (1993). Biehn is married and the father of four sons.
- Has appeared in 5 films with 'Bill Paxton' (qv): _The Lords of Discipline (1983)_ (qv), _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv), _Aliens (1986)_ (qv), _Navy Seals (1990)_ (qv), and _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).
- Has stated in interviews that his favorite roles were Johnny Ringo and Kyle Reese.
- Was nominated for best actor at the 1986 "Saturn Awards" for _Aliens (1986)_ (qv) and won a special award at the 1989 "Saturn Awards" for _The Abyss (1989)_ (qv).
- Is a member of the Sigma Nu Fraternity
- For his role on _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv), he was trained by renowned Hollywood Gun Coach 'Thell Reed' (qv), who has also trained such actors as: 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv), 'Val Kilmer' (qv), 'Bill Paxton' (qv), 'Sam Elliot' (qv), 'Russell Crowe' (qv), 'Brad Pitt' (qv), 'Girard Swan' (qv) and 'Leonardo DiCaprio' (qv).
- He almost didn't get the role of Kyle Reese in _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv) because at his first audition he spoke in a Southern accent. He had just come another audition for a stage production of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" and had not been able to shake the accent, and the producers didn't want the character of Reese to seem regionalized. After calling and talking with Biehn's agent, they gave him another audition and he got the part.
- In 'James Cameron (I)' (qv)'s _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv), he gets bitten on the hand by another character. He has suffered the same on-screen injury in every 'James Cameron (I)' (qv) film he's been in: in _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv) he is bitten by Sarah Connor ('Linda Hamilton (I)' (qv)) in _Aliens (1986)_ (qv) it's Rebecca "Newt" Jorden ('Carrie Henn' (qv)), and in _The Abyss (1989)_ (qv) Virgil "Bud" Brigman ('Ed Harris (I)' (qv)) does the honors.
- Children with Marsh: Caelan Michael (b. 1992) and Alexander (b. 19 March 2003).