Mar. 18th, 1969
Waterbury, Connecticut, USA
Michael Bergin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Wolves of Wall Street
2001 - The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy
2000 - Starforce
Guest TV Roles
Michael Bergin, also known as "Jack 'J.D.' Darius" on the internationally renowned hit series "Baywatch" (1989), returns this year for his third season. An actor and model, Bergin has been featured in magazines and on billboards around the world. Growing up in the small town of Naugatuck, Connecticut, Bergin never considered modeling or acting. During his sophomore year at the University of Connecticut, a friend repeatedly urged him to try modeling. Although Bergin remained uninterested in modeling, he quickly learned that the industry's earning potential would greatly ease the financial burden of his college tuition. With the demands of work growing and the commute to New York becoming more frequent, Bergin decided to spend the summer after his junior year in Manhattan working full time. Although his career quickly took off, Bergin chose to complete his education at the University of Connecticut, graduating with a degree in business marketing. One month later he moved back to New York permanently. In search of a fresh face to replace Mark Wahlberg (I) as his underwear model, Calvin Klein chose the relatively unknown Bergin to appear both solo, and with Kate Moss in jeans, underwear and suit advertisements. From that moment on, Bergin's career took off. Bergin has walked the runways of New York, Paris and Milan for Sonia Rykiel, Valentino, Calvin Klein, GianFranco Ferre, Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent and Donna Karen and was the exclusive model for Claiborne for Men, a division of Liz Claiborne, Inc., for over three years. He has also appeared in commercials and print advertisements for Kellogg's, Bacardi Rum, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Coty, Valentino, Perry Ellis, and Liz Claiborne. In addition, Michael has completed correspondent work for E! Entertainment Television, "Entertainment Tonight" (1981) and VH1. Movie and television credits include the Merchant Ivory film The Proprietor (1996) and a re- occurring role on Darren Starr's "Central Park West" (1995). Juggling the demands of both a modeling and acting career, Bergin enjoys relaxing in his spare time. When not at work, Michael may be found with friends at the local coffee shop, roller-blading, browsing for antiques at flea markets, or working out at the gym. Michael currently divides his time between New York, Los Angeles, and Hawaii.
- Son, Jesse, born 1999
- Wrote a book "Other Man: John F. Kennedy Jr., Carolyn Bessette, and Me" Published by HarperCollins World (30 Jun 2005). The book is about his relationship with Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, before and during her marriage to John F Kennedy Jr.
- Engaged to make-up artist 'Joy Tilk' (qv) (February 14, 2004).
- daughter Alannah Jade born 2004
- Published a tell-all book in April 2004 about his relationship to his former girlfriend Carolyn Bessette. After the split, Bessette married 'John Kennedy Jr.' (qv) in 1996. They both died in a plane crash in July 1999. In his intimate book he tells some heartbreaking and negative stories about Bessette. Because of this, public reaction to the book was negative.
- Once dated Caroline Bessette Kennedy.
Related sites for this celeb