Melissa Sue Anderson
Sep. 26th, 1962
Berkeley, California, USA
Melissa Sue Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Crazy Eights
1981 - Happy Birthday to Me
Guest TV Roles
Jennifer 'Chubs' Smith
Katherine 'Kitty' Pryde (Voiced)
Many actresses are not like the characters they play, but Melissa Sue Anderson wasn't one of them. Melissa was born September 26, 1962, in Berkeley, California. In real life, she was very much the same as Mary Ingalls--a quiet, slightly shy girl who would rather read a book than climb a tree. Her show-business career got underway when a dance teacher urged her parents to find an agent for her. She began doing TV commercials, and the blond, blue-eyed beauty was in great demand for many roles, and starred in television movies and such shows as "The Brady Bunch" (1969) and "Shaft" (1973). Melissa Sue Anderson played Mary Ingalls throughout the entire series of "Little House on the Prairie" (1974). She continues to pursue an active acting career.
- 1984 NATO Female Star of the Year for her starring role in the feature film _Chattanooga Choo Choo (1984)_ (qv).
- Turn down the role of Emmelyn in _The Blue Lagoon (1980)_ (qv).
- Inducted (as a cast member of _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv)) into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1998.
- Has two children, daughter Piper and son Griffin, with husband 'Michael Sloan (I)' (qv).
- She was Tommy Pratter's girl in 'Roger Donaldson' (qv)'s _Marie (1985)_ (qv).
- The only actor on _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv) to receive an Emmy Nomination for the show.
- Auditioned for the role of Sarah Tobias in _The Accused (1988)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb