Melissa Joan Hart
Apr. 18th, 1976
Smithtown, Long Island, New York, USA
Melissa Joan Hart's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Nine Dead
2006 - Jesus, Mary and Joey
2001 - Not Another Teen Movie
2001 - Recess: School's Out
2000 - The Specials
1999 - Drive Me Crazy
1998 - Can't Hardly Wait
Guest TV Roles
Aunt Zelda Spellman (Voiced)
Sabrina Spellman (Voiced)
Imra Ardeen (Voiced)
Deidre Dennis (Voiced)
Melissa grew up in Sayville, New York. Her acting career started at the age of four, when she did a commercial for a bathtub toy called Splashy. Her mother, Paula Hart, has been her agent from the beginning. Melissa has five younger sisters, Trisha Hart, Elizabeth Hart (I), Emily Hart (I), Alexandra Hart-Gilliams, and Samantha Hart (II) and two younger brothers, Brian Hart (II) and Mackenzie Hart--all of whom except for the latter have appeared on Melissa's TV series "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" (1996).
Melissa performed in two plays as the youngest member of New York's Circle Repertory Lab Company: "Beside Herself" in 1989 (starring Lois Smith (I) and William Hurt (I)) and "Imagining Brad" in 1990. She was also in the National Actors Theater production of "The Crucible" on Broadway with Martin Sheen (as understudy of three of the children in the play). Melissa cites Shirley Temple and Audrey Hepburn as early acting inspirations and still collects memorabilia of the former. For the past few years, she has been juggling acting and attending New York University. She's now living in the Los Angeles area.
- Performed in an off-Broadway play titled "Beside Herself" with 'William Hurt (I)' (qv) and 'Calista Flockhart' (qv) in 1989.
- Full name is Melissa Joan Catherine Hart: Melissa from the 'The Allman Brothers Band' (qv) song; Joan from her maternal grandmother; and Catherine is the name she chose for herself as her confirmation name.
- Hobby: collects great paintings; owns 3 Picassos
- Celebrated her 32nd birthday at Disneyland with her husband Mark and their two sons.
- (October 1999) Started collecting estate jewelry.
- Her younger half brother, Mackenzie, is the only one of her siblings who did not join the acting business.
- A small role she had in _Crocodile Dundee (1986)_ (qv) was cut from the film.
- Was born at 1:30 p.m. on Easter Sunday.