Mar. 14th, 1968
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Megan Follows' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Breakfast With Scot
1990 - The Nutcracker Prince
1985 - Silver Bullet
Guest TV Roles
Megan (pronounced Mee-gan) has two children, a boy and a girl. Megan comes from a showbiz family: father Ted Follows, mother Dawn Greenhalgh, and sister Samantha Follows are all actors; her other sister, Edwina Follows, is a producer and writer; and her brother Laurence Follows is a producer. Has done many commercials, the first of which was at the age of 9. Has appeared in many theatrical productions, including "Romeo and Juliet", "The Effects Of Gamma Rays On Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds", and "Seven Lears: The Pursuit Of The Good." Won two Gemini awards for her performances in Anne of Green Gables (1985) (TV) and Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987) (TV). Megan met her husband, Christopher Porter (I), while filming Deep Sleep (1990), where he was a gaffer.
- Only had three weeks to prepare for her role in _Under the Piano (1995) (TV)_ (qv).
- Became a U.S. citizen.
- Engaged to 'Stuart Hughes (I)' (qv).
- Met future ex-husband 'Christopher Porter (I)' (qv) of Chester, Nova Scotia, on the set of _Deep Sleep (1990)_ (qv), where he worked as a a gaffer.
- Has dual Canadian/American citizenship.
- Her mother 'Dawn Greenhalgh' (qv) starred with her in _Anne of Green Gables (1985) (TV)_ (qv) as Mrs. Cadbury, the stern headmistress of the orphanage where Anne is brought to at the beginning of the film.
Related sites for this celeb