Feb. 14th, 1960
Los Angeles County, California, USA
Meg Tilly's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Sleep With Me
1993 - Body Snatchers
1990 - The Two Jakes
1989 - Valmont
1988 - The Girl in a Swing
1988 - Masquerade
1986 - Off Beat
1985 - Agnes of God
1984 - Impulse
1983 - The Big Chill
1983 - Psycho II
1982 - Tex
1980 - Fame
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Meg Tilly was set on being a dancer, and at 17 connected to the Connecticut Ballet Company and later Throne Dance Theatre. It was in this capacity that she had her screen debut in Alan Parker (I)'s Fame (1980). Unfortunately, an injury to her back cut short her plans for a dance career, and a small appearance in the TV series "Hill Street Blues" (1981) turned her towards acting (her dancing skills were not all forgotten, as was evident in The Big Chill (1983) and Psycho II (1983)). She received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress for Agnes of God (1985), and nobody doubted that she was on her ay to stardom. One step on the road to that status was her being cast in Milos Forman's Amadeus (1984) as Constanza, but again her body interfered, and seven weeks into the production with her foot in a cast were more than the producers could accept, and she was replaced. Her "consolation", was a role in Forman's next project Valmont (1989), didn't do her career much good. Since then she has averaged a movie a year, and with the exception of Leaving Normal (1992), none have tapped the enormous reservoir of talent she has.
- Children from her marriage to 'Tim Zinnemann' (qv): Emily (b. 1984) and David (b. 1986).
- Relationship with 'Colin Firth' (qv) began while filming 'Milos Forman' (qv)'s _Valmont (1989)_ (qv).
- Said that her worst film experience was working with 'Anthony Perkins (I)' (qv) in _Psycho II (1983)_ (qv). Her best film experience was working with 'Norman Jewison' (qv), 'Jane Fonda' (qv) and 'Anne Bancroft (I)' (qv) in _Agnes of God (1985)_ (qv). Interestingly, both films resulted in Tilly being nominated for several awards, including a Golden Globe and an Oscar.
- Sister of actress 'Jennifer Tilly' (qv)
- Former daughter-in-law of 'Fred Zinnemann' (qv).
- 1995: Retired from acting and moved to British Columbia, Canada, to devote herself to writing and raising a family.
- Was originally cast as Mozart's wife in _Amadeus (1984)_ (qv), but had to leave after tearing a ligament in her leg during a soccer game with her children one day before her shooting started.
- Was in consideration for the part of Mia Wallace in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) but 'Uma Thurman' (qv), who went on to receive a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her performance, was cast instead.
Related sites for this celeb