Dec. 12th, 1975
San Diego, California, USA
Mayim Bialik's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1988 - Beaches
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Wilameena Bink
Kristen Kurst (Voiced)
Mayim Hoya Bialik (born December 12, 1975) is an American actress. She is best known for her lead role as Blossom Russo in the early-1990s NBC sitcom Blossom.
- On a break from her Ph.D in neuroscience from UCLA (2005).
- Her grandparents were European refugees from the Holocaust, immigrating from Poland and Czechoslovakia/Hungary. Bialik was raised in the Reform Jewish religion.
- Adopted a whale, a wolf and a manatee.
- Contrary to popular belief, did not do her own singing for the role of young C.C. Bloom in "Beaches." Although Mayim can sing, Bette Midler decided she wanted to feature a singer who sounded more like she herself did at age eleven, and another singer was substituted.
- Played the recurring role of a lesbian on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" in what is deemed part of her "comeback" to acting after years of college studies and motherhood.
- Is an accomplished dancer. She and _"Blossom" (1991)_ (qv) co-star, 'Jenna von Oÿ' (qv) took lessons in between breaks in the filming season.
- Is expecting her second child, due Fall 2008.
- Her first name means "water" in Hebrew.