Aug. 19th, 1969
Williamstown, Massachusetts, USA
5' 11 1/2"
Matthew Perry's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - 17 Again
2008 - Birds of America
2004 - The Whole Ten Yards
2002 - Serving Sara
2000 - The Kid
2000 - The Whole Nine Yards
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - Almost Heroes
1997 - Fools Rush In
1989 - She's Out of Control
1988 - A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon
Guest TV Roles
Born in Williamstown, Massachusetts, Matthew Perry (I) was raised in Ottawa, Ontario, where he became a top-ranked junior tennis player in Canada. However, after moving to Los Angeles at the age of 15 to live with his father (actor John Bennett Perry), he became more interested in acting. In addition to performing in several high school stage productions, he remained an avid tennis player. Perry ranked 17th nationally in the junior singles category and third in the doubles category. Upon graduating from high school, Perry intended to enroll at the University of Southern California. However, when he was offered a leading role on the television series, "Second Chance" (1987), he seized the opportunity to begin his acting career.
Perry appeared in the hit comedy film The Whole Nine Yards (2000), as the neighbor of a hit man played by Bruce Willis. His other feature film credits include _Fools Rush In (1997)_, A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon (1988), She's Out of Control (1989) and Parallel Lives (1994) (TV). He also co-starred with Chris Farley in the buddy comedy Almost Heroes (1998) and in the romantic comedy, Three to Tango (1999), opposite Neve Campbell. Perry currently resides in Los Angeles. He enjoys playing ice hockey and softball in his spare time.
- His father, 'John Bennett Perry' (qv), played his father in _Fools Rush In (1997)_ (qv).
- Was the Ottawa Loggers 10th selection in the 1996 RHI (Roller Hockey International) draft.
- Auditioned for Chandler Bing on a Friday and started work on that Monday.
- Missing part of his middle finger on his right hand, this is due to an unfortunate door-shutting accident in nursery school.
- Is the youngest cast member of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- (18 April 2001) A 75 year old woman ran a stop sign and smashed into the side of Matthew's BMW. Neither party was injured.
- Raised in Ottawa, Canada.
- He is close friends with actor 'Hank Azaria' (qv).