Oct. 8th, 1970
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Guest TV Roles
Handsome Drug Addict
Matt Damon was born in 1970. His father, Kent Damon, a tax preparer, and his mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, a college professor, are now divorced. His older brother, Kyle (b. 1967), is a sculptor. Matt's first film role was a one-line part in Mystic Pizza (1988). Hollywood's power brokers realized his potential as a serious actor when they saw him play a Gulf War vet-turned-heroin addict in Courage Under Fire (1996). One of Matt's closest childhood friends was fellow young thespian Ben Affleck, who starred in Chasing Amy (1997). Damon and Affleck collaborated on the screenplay for Good Will Hunting (1997), in which they co-star.
- Met his wife, Luciana Barroso, while he was filming _Stuck on You (2003)_ (qv) in Florida.
- Has two daughters, Isabella Damon, born June 11, 2006 and Gia Zavala, born August 20, 2008 in Miami, Florida.
- Was once offered the chance at playing Daredevil when it was in production at Miramax in 1999. This version would have starred Damon and been written by 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) and directed by 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' (qv). However, Marvel Comics wanted too large a budget for the filmmakers' tastes.
- While promoting _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv) on _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv), he revealed that when he was a college freshman his agent from a "ma and pa agency" inadvertently sent him and 'Ben Affleck' (qv) to an audition for _"The New Mickey Mouse Club" (1977)_ (qv). They were under the impression that they were going to meet the head of Touchstone Pictures.
- Named "Sexiest Man Alive" by People magazine in 2007.
- He and his wife Luciana Barroso welcomed another daughter, Gia Zavala, on Wednesday, August 20th, 2008, in Miami, Florida.
- Chosen as one of "the 50 Most beautiful people in the world" by People magazine (1998).
- He is of Scottish, Finnish and English descent.