Dec. 19th, 1980
San Francisco, California, USA
Marla Sokoloff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Play the Game
2000 - Dude, Where’s My Car?
2000 - Whatever It Takes
1996 - True Crime
1993 - So I Married an Axe Murderer
Guest TV Roles
Born and raised in San Francisco, Marla Sokoloff moved to Los Angeles in 1994 and enrolled in the Los Angeles County High School of the Arts, where she studied theater and music. She won numerous awards and accolades for her singing, performing the national anthem at such high profile events as the Oakland A's baseball games and for the USO. Soon after moving to Los Angeles, Marla began landing roles on several popular television series including "Home Improvement" (1991), "Party of Five" (1994), "3rd Rock from the Sun" (1996), and "7th Heaven" (1996). On the big screen, she has appeared in the films The Baby-Sitters Club (1995), True Crime (1996), and Whatever It Takes (2000).
- She was the singer/guitarist for the band Smittin and now plays shows under her own name in LA.
- Born on the same day as actor 'Jake Gyllenhaal' (qv).
- Collects guitars and writes music
- Lived with boyfriend 'James Franco (I)' (qv) for several years. They met on the set of _Whatever It Takes (2000)_ (qv).
- Her father, Howard Sokoloff, is a doctor and her mother, Cindi Sussman, is a former caterer. Brother Jared is a chef.
- Has a "Venus Guitar" that 'Courtney Love' (qv) designed and that is now autographed by Courtney, lead singer of Hole.