Apr. 18th, 1967
Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
Maria Bello's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Company Men
2010 - Grown Ups
2009 - The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
2008 - Downloading Nancy
2008 - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
2007 - Butterfly On A Wheel
2007 - The Jane Austen Book Club
2006 - Flicka
2006 - This Film Is Not Yet Rated
2006 - World Trade Center
2005 - The Dark
2005 - Thank You for Smoking
2005 - A History of Violence
2005 - Assault on Precinct 13
2004 - Secret Window
2003 - The Cooler
2002 - Auto Focus
2000 - Coyote Ugly
1999 - Payback
1998 - Permanent Midnight
Guest TV Roles
Maria Bello was born on 18 April, 1967 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. She went to Villanova University, majoring in political science. She had every intention of becoming a lawyer, but she took an acting class during her senior year, just for fun. She discovered she was very good at it, and she was soon cast in small off-Broadway plays, such as "The Killer Inside Me", "Small Town Gals With Big Problems" and "Urban Planning". She later guest-starred on episodes of "The Commish" (1991), "Nowhere Man" (1995), "Misery Loves Company" (1995) and "Due South" (1994). She got her big break when producers Kenny Lenhart and John J. Sakmar cast her in the spy show "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (1996) as "Mrs. Smith" (they remembered her from her performance in a failed pilot that was a remake of the classic TV series "77 Sunset Strip" (1958)). The show was canceled after eight weeks on the air. Then came a spot on "ER" (1994) as "Dr. Anna Del Amico", in which she guest-starred on the final three episodes of the third season. The show's producers were so impressed with her that they asked her back as a regular on the series.
- (5 March 2001) Maria and her TV exec boyfriend, 'Dan McDermott (II)' (qv), welcomed their first child, Jackson Blue McDermott.
- Works with "Save the Children", nurturing kids in need.
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.
- Was a bridesmaid at 'Andrea Bendewald' (qv)'s wedding, the same one in which 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) was the matron of honor.
- Father, Joe, was a contractor and mother, Kathy, was a teacher and school nurse.
- Had always wanted to be an action heroine, but gave up her dream two weeks before she turned 40, because she thought there would be no action roles for a lady her age. However, 'Rob Cohen (I)' (qv) called her up on her birthday and offered her the role in _The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)_ (qv).
- Flirted with a waiter at a family birthday party. The waiter became her fiance [July 26, 2008].
- Practices Muay Thai (lethal) kickboxing.