Oct. 10th, 1969
Manu Bennett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - 30 Days of Night
2007 - The Condemned
2006 - The Marine
2001 - Lantana
Guest TV Roles
Born in New Zealand, October 10, 1969. Father was a famous New Zealand singer. Mother was the original bikini model for designer Paula Stafford. Family moved to Australia in 1970.
During high school, Manu played representative rugby, studied classical ballet & piano before attending university to study Drama. His acting career began in 1993 on Paradise Beach. Manu then appeared on various TV dramas before landing his first feature film, 'Lantana' (1999), opposite Anthony La Paglia, then traveled to Japan to film 'Tomoko'(2000) opposite award-winning Japanese actress Rumiko Koyangi. Manu returned to New Zealand to star in Shortland Steet, Street Legal, Mataku, Creature Quest & Going Straight (2001/05).
Manu was then cast opposite Robert Patrick in The Marine (2006), then alongside Vinnie Jones & Stone Cold Steve Austin in The Condemned (2007). In 30 Days Of Night (2007), Manu played a supporting role alongside Josh Hartnett & Melissa George.
- Mother was a Queensland beauty queen, father, an entertainer in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
- Credited as 'Manu' Bennett in his role as Jack Hewitt on Shortland Street.
- Offered ballet scholarship in New York after finishing high school, but chose to travel Europe and the US instead.
- Has an uncle who played piano for Elvis Presley.
- His family immigrated to Australia when he was just a few months old.