May. 12th, 1978
5' 7 1/2
Malin Åkerman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Romantics
2009 - Watchmen
2009 - Couples Retreat
2009 - The Proposal
2008 - 27 Dresses
2007 - The Brothers Solomon
2007 - The Invasion
2007 - Heavy Petting
2007 - The Heartbreak Kid
2004 - Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
2000 - The Skulls
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Valarie Flame
Black Widow (Voiced)
Herself - Guest Judge
Malin Maria Akerman was born in Stockholm,
Sweden on May 12th, 1978. A career opportunity for her father would motivate him to move his family to Canada
when Malin was just two years old.
Bright and captivating Malin began modeling and doing television commercials at the early age of five.
The separation of her parents a year later would initiate an early independence coupled with a sensitivity for the arts.
At 17 she won the Ford Supermodel of Canada search, and interest from international agents led Malin to spend her summers in Europe modeling until she finished high school.
She persued a successful modeling career for several years, only to need an eventual break from it which brought her back home to Toronto to York University; an experience which quickly inspired her to get back into acting.
A guest star role in a Steven Speilberg television show would come next. Along with the realization that acting was her true passion. Several guest and supporting roles would ensue, and in 2001 she was flown to L.A to screen test for
a Disney movie. She didn´t get the part(!) but signed with a
distinguished manager in California.
Since then Malin has been working consistently and is slowly becoming a household name in Hollywood.
- Is the lead singer of a rock band named Ozono, who later changed their name to The Petalstones.
- Was named one of the "Ten Actors to Watch" by Variety (2007).
- Speaks fluent Swedish.
- Raised in Toronto, Canada and attended York University, studying psychology.
- Named #80 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- U.S. feature film debut was in the independent feature film, _The Utopian Society (2003)_ (qv) where she met the films' editor, 'Francesco Sondelli' (qv) who was also the founding band leader of "Ozono". Sondelli was the 2nd editor on _The Utopian Society (2003)_ (qv) and had met Akerman when she went to loop a line of dialog at the then-editor's house. Akerman was eventually absorbed into the the band which changed its name to "The Petal Stones", where she met and eventually married fellow band member and drummer, 'Roberto Zincone' (qv).
- Ranked #59 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.