Dec. 28th, 1989
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Mackenzie Rosman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Mackenzie Rosman was born on December 28, 1989 in Charleston, South Carolina. She is currently best known for her role in the WB'S "7th Heaven" (1996) as "Ruthie Camden", the angst-ridden teenage daughter of Eric and Annie. At 16, Mackenzie has 10 solid years of acting experience under her belt, more than many actors two or three times her age. Mackenzie is preparing for her senior year in high school, as "7th Heaven" (1996) ends its 10-year run. Outside of acting, Mackenzie is an Honor student whose passion is riding horses as a competitive show jumper.
Mackenzie Ryann Rosman (born December 28, 1989) is an American Actress and Singer. She is best known for her television role as Ruthie Camden on The WB/The CW's longest-running show 7th Heaven.
Rosman was born in Charleston, South Carolina.
She currently resides in West Hollywood, California. Outside of acting Rosman enjoys animals, especially horses, of which she owns many. She is a competitive equestrian show jumper and rides in jumping competitions using her horse Mentos Junior. Mackenzie showed off her singing skills twice on "7th Heaven".
Rosman is an active supporter of fundraising for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and wishes to educate the public about the need for organ donation. Mackenzie's stepsister, Katelyn Salmont, lived with Cystic fibrosis and in late 2005, Salmont underwent a successful double lung-transplant. Sadly Katelyn died from Pneumonia and Cystic fibrosis on Christmas 2008. Her stepfather Randy donated one organ. Both girls were featured in Teen People's "20 Teens Who Will Change the World". 7th Heaven produced a special episode about cystic fibrosis titled "Back in the Saddle Again" which featured Salmont as herself, and Rosman and Salmont rode horses together, as they did at home. In 2005, 7th Heaven again brought Salmont on the show, post-transplant, which gave her a chance to explain about the new life she had been given in the episode entitled "X-Mas". Rosman also supports Childhelp Inc. and is an ambassador for the organization, which helps severely abused children. Rosman is also the national honorary chairman for CureFinders, a school fund-raising program to help fund the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis.
Rosman graduated from Valencia High School in late May 2007.
In 1996, she got the part of Ruthie Camden on 7th Heaven by personally greeting each person in the room by a handshake during her audition. In addition to her role on 7th Heaven, Rosman appeared in the independent film Gideon, starring Christopher Lambert, Charlton Heston and Shelley Winters. She has appeared in numerous television commercials starting at age four including a Tuff's Diaper commercial and a Nike shoe commercial. Her film roles have included JonBenét Ramsey in Getting Away with Murder: The JonBenét Ramsey Mystery, and Molly MacLemore in Gideon.
Rosman is also starring in the new Edgar Allan Poe film, known as Edgar Allan Poe's Ligeia, in which she will play the role of Loreli. Her latest film role has been Jill in the new horror movie, Fading of the Cries. And her next film role is Roslyn Price in Socio. She starred in the episode "Till It's Gone" and "Goodbye Amy Juergens" as Zoe, the teen who sleeps with Ricky to get back at Adrian on The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
- Contributes her free time to animal charities
- Her family has Cherokee Indian roots.
- Enjoys reading, skating, swimming and dancing
- Favorite food is sushi.
- MacKenzie's stepsister, 'Katelyn Salmont' (qv), who suffers from cystic fibrosis, guest-starred as Mackenzie's friend in the _"7th Heaven" (1996)_ (qv) episode "Back in the Saddle Again".
- Her first passion is horses, it is a family activity.
- She is actively involved in raising funds and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Mackenzie's stepsister, 'Katelyn Salmont' (qv), lives with CF and, in 2005, Katelyn underwent a successful double lung-transplant. Both girls will be featured in Teen People's "20 Teens Who Will Change the World". _"7th Heaven" (1996)_ (qv) had produced a special episode about Cystic Fibrosis entitled "Back in the Saddle" which featured Katelyn as herself, and Mackenzie and Katelyn rode horses together, as they do at home. In 2005, _"7th Heaven" (1996)_ (qv) again brought Katelyn on the show, post-transplant, which gave her a chance to explain about the new life she had been given.
- Mackenzie's family of five includes her Mom, Donna, her step-dad, Randy, her brother Chandler, and her stepsister, Katelyn. Also included in the mix is a menagerie of cats and dogs, chickens, horses and goats.
Related sites for this celeb