Jul. 1st, 1957
Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
Lisa Blount's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Chrystal
1993 - Needful Things
1989 - Blind Fury
1989 - Great Balls of Fire!
1987 - Prince of Darkness
1982 - An Officer and a Gentleman
1981 - Dead & Buried
Guest TV Roles
Andrea Bascomb Douglas
Lisa S. Blount (July 1, 1957, Fayetteville, Arkansas – c. October 25, 2010) was an American film and television actress and Oscar-winning producer.
Blount was raised in Jacksonville, Arkansas. She started working in show business with her debut in Sam's Song (1969). After graduating from Jacksonville High School in 1975, she landed several small television roles.
She is likely best-remembered for her film role as Lynette Pomeroy in An Officer and a Gentleman. Another memorable role was that of Jim Profit's outrageous stepmother Bobbi Stakowski in the short-lived but critically-acclaimed Fox TV series Profit. She starred in Prince of Darkness as the love interest to Jameson Parker, who would play a more important role in the story as it progressed. She appeared in season two (1986) of Moonlighting in the episode, "Sleep Talkin' Guy".
Blount later became a producer and, along with her husband Ray McKinnon, won the Academy Award for best live action short film for the 2001 film, The Accountant. That film also credits her as wardrobe mistress. Blount produced and acted in the film Chrystal, starring Billy Bob Thornton.
Blount was found dead in her Little Rock, Arkansas, home by her mother on October 27, 2010. The coroner told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that Blount appeared to have died two days earlier. No foul play is suspected, according to the Pulaski County Coroner.
Her mother told RadarOnline.com her daughter had suffered from idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), in which low levels of platelets keep blood from clotting and lead to bleeding and bruising. "I think that might have been part of the problem when she passed away because when I found her she had a purple look on her neck that looked like blood on the surface", Louise Blount said.
- Film career began at age 17 when, as a college student at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, she was cast by director 'James Bridges (I)' (qv) to play a James Dean-obsessed goth girl in _September 30, 1955 (1977)_ (qv).
- Was known as the "scream queen" star of a few 80s horror movies.
- Quit high school at age sixteen and enrolled at the University of Arkansas despite not having a high school diploma.
- Grew up in Jacksonville, Arkansas.
- Her brother Jeremy appeared on one episode of "American Gladiators" but was injured and unable to participate further.
- Married to actor/writer/director 'Ray McKinnon' (qv) in 1998, she executive produced _The Accountant (2001)_ (qv) which was written and directed by McKinnon and won the Oscar for "best live action short".
- Best remembered as the cynical, ambitious but insecure best friend to 'Debra Winger' (qv) whose "officer" paramour (played by 'David Keith (I)' (qv)) commits suicide when Lisa's character lies to him that she's pregnant in _An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)_ (qv).
- Voted "Favorite Female Newcomer" in 1983 by "US" magazine readers poll.
Related sites for this celeb