Sep. 2nd, 1955
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
Linda Purl's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Mighty Joe Young
Guest TV Roles
Linda Purl was born in Connecticut and raised in Japan, becoming the only foreigner to train at the Toho Geino Academy. At the Imperial Theatre in Tokyo, she played the role of Louis in 'The King and I' (in Japanese), Bet in 'Oliver' and the role of Helen in 'The Miracle Worker'.
She then went to England to study under Marguerite Beale, before returning to the United States to study at the Lee Strasberg Institute, and later with Robert Lewis. Her stage credits include: The Broadway musical 'The Adventures of Tom Sawyer'; 'Getting and Spending', which ran on Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theatre.
- An accomplished jazz singer.
- Former daughter-in-law of 'Desi Arnaz' (qv) and 'Lucille Ball' (qv).
- Is a mountain climber in her spare time.
- Was raised in Japan.
- Measurements: 34-22 1/2-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Mother, with 'Alexander Cary' (qv), of a son.
- Former sister-in-law of 'Lucie Arnaz' (qv).
- Attended high school at Wykeham Rise School for Girls in the Arts in Washington, Connecticut. After attending Finch College, she went to England to study under Marguerite Beale.
Related sites for this celeb