Sep. 26th, 1956
Salisbury, Maryland, USA
Linda Hamilton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Terminator: Salvation
2005 - Missing in America
1997 - Dante's Peak
1994 - Silent Fall
1991 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
1990 - Mr. Destiny
1986 - Black Moon Rising
1986 - King Kong Lives
1984 - Children of the Corn
1984 - The Terminator
1982 - Tag: The Assassination Game
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Furbana (Voiced)
Guest Caller - Claire (Voiced)
Herself - Host
Dr. Stephanie Lake (Voiced)
Born in Salisbury, Maryland, USA, following high school, Linda studied for two years at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland, before moving on to acting studies in New York. In New York, she attended acting workshops given by Lee Strasberg. Her first parts were small parts in TV series, with her biggest break coming with her role in The Terminator (1984). Most known to the public at large from her part in the TV series "Beauty and the Beast" (1987) (before Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), at least).
- She reprised her _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv) character, Sarah Connor, for the theme-park attraction _T2 3-D: Battle Across Time (1996)_ (qv), a short film shot in a new 3-D process that makes the film appear to jump out at you.
- Auditioned for the role of Capt. Kathryn Janeway on _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv).
- In the original screenplay of _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv), the character she played, Sarah Connor, was 19 years old. It was decision of 'James Cameron (I)' (qv) to make the character somewhat older to fit into Hamilton's age. In real life, Linda was 27 when filming started and turned 28 before the film was released.
- After her role in _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv), she learned that she made such an impression as the pumped and ferociously tough Sarah Connor that she was typecast into being offered only roles for similarly tough characters.
- Sprained her ankle prior to filming the original _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv) and it never quite healed right due to all the running she had to do in the film.
- Her father died in a car crash when she was young.
- At one stage in her life, she was addicted to cocaine.
- Good friends with former _"Beauty and the Beast" (1987)_ (qv) co-star 'Ron Perlman' (qv). They reunited in the theater play Love Letters (1990), and in the post-Vietnam war drama _Missing in America (2005)_ (qv).