Aug. 6th, 1960
San Francisco, California, USA
5' 8 1/2
Leland Orser's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Give 'em Hell, Malone
2008 - Taken
2006 - The Good German
2003 - Runaway Jury
2003 - Daredevil
2003 - Confidence
2001 - Pearl Harbor
1999 - The Bone Collector
1999 - Resurrection
1998 - Saving Private Ryan
1998 - Very Bad Things
1997 - Excess Baggage
1997 - Alien: Resurrection
1996 - Independence Day
1996 - Escape from L.A.
1995 - Se7en
Guest TV Roles
Leland Jones Orser (born August 6, 1960) is an American film and television actor. Orser is a character actor, whose career has included playing a number of deranged, psychotic, and degenerate characters. Orser has appeared in small roles in a wide variety of films and television shows, including Chief of Surgery Dr. Lucien Dubenko on the television show ER.
Career Orser made his television debut in 1991 on the show Gabriel's Fire. His next roles were bit parts and small roles on The Golden Girls, Cheers, L.A. Law, The X-Files, NYPD Blue, Law and Order: SVU and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. In 1999, he played the (rather demanding) main role of Dr. Arthur Zeller in The Outer Limits episode "Descent", a part seemingly tailored by writer Eric Saltzgaber for Orser's particular talents. Fans of Married... with Children know him in his recurring guest role as the cynical director of advertisements.
He has had minor roles in many popular films. He appeared in 1995's Se7en as the man who was involuntarily recruited as the punisher for the lust sin. He was credited as "Crazed Man in Massage Parlour". He played Larry Purvis in 1997's Alien Resurrection. He played the antagonist Richard Thompson in the 1999 Denzel Washington thriller The Bone Collector. In 2001, he had a small part in the movie Pearl Harbor playing an injured man saved by Kate Beckinsale's character. In 2003 he appeared in the comic-turned-film Daredevil. He also appeared in Saving Private Ryan as the traumatized pilot of a crashed glider.
Personal life From 1987 to 1989, Orser was married to actress Roma Downey; he is currently married to the actress Jeanne Tripplehorn and has one child with her.
- (23 May 2002) Son, August Tripplehorn Orser, born at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles), 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
- Among other psychotic roles, also played the deranged bloodbank technician from Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Carpenter Street".
- Eloped and married his first wife, 'Roma Downey' (qv), in a Roman Catholic ceremony in Rome, Italy.
- Son-in-law of 'Tom Tripplehorn' (qv).
- Is probably best known for playing deranged and morally degenerate characters both in movies and on television, e.g. in _The Bone Collector (1999)_ (qv), _Alien: Resurrection (1997)_ (qv) or the organic-hating hologram in "Revulsion" (episode # 4.5) of _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv).
- The two killers from the beginning of _A History of Violence (2005)_ (qv) (who meet their end in the Cafe) are named "Leland Jones" and "William Orser" as an inside joke nod by 'David Cronenberg' (qv), who acted with Orser in _Resurrection (1999/I)_.
Related sites for this celeb