Mar. 7th, 1980
Watchung, New Jersey, USA
Laura Prepon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Chosen One
2006 - Come Early Morning
2006 - Karla
2002 - Slackers
Guest TV Roles
Laura Prepon was born on March 7, 1980, in Watchung, New Jersey. Her father, Michael, died in 1994. Her mother's name is Marjorie. Laura is the youngest of five children--she has a brother named Brad and three sisters: Danielle, Jocelyn, and Stephanie. She attended Watchung Hills Regional High School. She studied at the Total Theater Lab in New York City, where she appeared in numerous theatrical presentations.
She started studying acting at the young age of 15 as well as dancing--ballet, jazz, and modern. She also played soccer and other sports. Before acting became her profession, she was a model, working in Paris, Milan, and elsewhere in Europe.
Laura resides in Watchung when not filming in Los Angeles. She loves sneakers and vintage clothes. Her favorite book is 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Used to be a ballet dancer.
- Hobbies include horseback riding, gymnastics, ice skating, ballet, tennis, golf, and playing the piano.
- Has attended U.F.C. shows.
- Ranked #84 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)
- She is of half-Russian-Jewish and half-Irish-Catholic descent.
- Named #77 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Is a natural brunette. She was asked by producers of "That 70s Show" to dye her hair red for the role of Donna Pinciatti. Later in the show, in 2005, she dyed her hair blonde for a movie role playing the part of a serial killer. The producers of "That 70s Show" liked it, and asked her to keep it. Laura later decided she liked it, and has been blonde ever since.
- Favorite book: "The Hobbit" by 'J.R.R. Tolkien' (qv).