May. 28th, 1968
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Kylie Minogue's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Blue
2006 - Doogal
2005 - The Magic Roundabout
2001 - Moulin Rouge!
1996 - Bio-Dome
1994 - Street Fighter
1989 - The Delinquents
Guest TV Roles
Charlotte "Char" Kernow
Herself - Special Guest
Herself - Performer
Herself - Guest
Herself - Special Guest
Kylie Ann Minogue was born on 28 May, 1968. The eldest of three children, Kylie's acting career began early, but it was her role as Charlene in the Australian soap "Neighbours" (1985) which established Kylie as an international star. Her singing career began purely by accident when a record company executive heard Kylie's rendition of Little Eva's 1962 hit "The Loco-Motion". She signed with PWL Records and hit-makers Stock/Aitken/Waterman in 1987. Five albums and a greatest hits compilation followed, and she made history by having more than 20 consecutive top ten hits in the UK. Her motion picture debut came with the starring role of Lola in The Delinquents (1989). She left PWL Records in 1992 to head in a decidedly more mature musical direction, and her self-titled debut on deconstruction records was released in 1994, spawning chart hits like "Confide In Me" and "Put Yourself In My Place". Kylie's doings were always a favorite subject of the press, but she really made waves with her controversial 1995 duet with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Where the Wild Roses Grow". 1997 saw the release of Kylie's first single in more than 3 years, "Some Kind of Bliss" co-written and produced by James Dean Bradfield and Sean Moore (II) of The Manic Street Preachers.
- Winner of the 2004 Grammy for Best Dance Recording for her single "Come Into My World", beating off strong competition such as 'Madonna' (qv), 'Cher (I)' (qv), TÚlÚpopmusik & Groove Aramada. (8th February 2004)
- August 2002: Presented an award to 'Mary J Blige' at the MTV Video Music Awards ceremony in New York.
- December 2003: Voted the #1 Sexiest Woman of the Year, #1 Best Dressed Celebrity and 4th Best Solo Artist in "Okay" magazine's 2003 Readers Poll!.
- January 2001: Voted the #1 Sexiest Celebrity in the World by UK's "Heat" Magazine.
- After the announcement of her cancer diagnosis, the Australian public's support was overwhelming. Even Prime Minister 'John Howard (XI)' (qv) issued a statement supporting her.
- June 1995: Appeared on the cover of the July issue of "Loaded" magazine in the UK. It became their biggest selling issue ever, selling almost 150,000 as compared with their average figure of approximately 110,000!.
- In 2002, named the Biggest Selling Australian Artist of all time, with over 65 million album sales worldwide as of May 2004. She is also the winner of numerous awards including Logies, ARIAs, and a Grammy.
- May 1993: Was invited by 'Prince Albert of Monaco' (qv) (for the third time) to present at the 1993 World Music Awards in Monte Carlo, hosted by 'Michael Douglas (I)' (qv) and attended by the worlds leading names in music including 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv), 'Tina Turner' (qv) and 'Rod Stewart (I)' (qv).