Sep. 11th, 1962
Los Angeles, California, USA
Kristy McNichol's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1988 - Two Moon Junction
1988 - You Can't Hurry Love
1982 - The Pirate Movie
1981 - Only When I Laugh
1980 - Little Darlings
1978 - The End
1977 - Black Sunday
Guest TV Roles
Girl in Sub (Voiced)
Steffi (segment "Love and the Unsteady Steady")
Kristy McNichol began her career with guest appearances on such series as "Starsky and Hutch" and "The Bionic Woman." Her first stint as a series regular came with the role of Patricia Apple in "Apple's Way" in the 1974 season. The following year she was cast as Buddy Lawrence in the acclaimed dramatic series "Family," for which the actress earned Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actress in a Dramatic Series in 1976 and 1978. Her television movie credits include "Woman of Valor," "Love, Mary," "Like Mom, Like Me," "Summer of My German Soldier" and "My Old Man." McNichol's feature film credits include "Two Moon Junction" with Louise Fletcher, "Just the Way You Are," "The End," "Only When I Laugh," "Little Darlings," "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" with Dennis Quaid and "The Pirate Movie." Kristy McNichol is host of the annual "Kristy McNichol Celebrity Tennis Tournament," benefitting the H.E.L.P. group for abused children in Los Angeles.
- McNichol's role in one of the _"ABC Afterschool Specials" (1972)_ (qv) "The Pinballs" was to advertise and promote the Halter Top fashions. She wore her personally designed halter tops on the show.
- Was considered for a role in _The Bad News Bears (1976)_ (qv), but lost it to Academy Award winner 'Tatum O'Neal' (qv).
- Measurements: 33-24-34 (in 1981), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Turned down the 'Brooke Shields' (qv) role in _Pretty Baby (1978)_ (qv), due to conflicts with _"Family" (1976)_ (qv) producer 'Aaron Spelling' (qv).
- Sister of 'Jimmy McNichol' (qv).
- Longtime friend of 'Elisabeth Brooks' (qv).
- Born to a Scottish father and a Palestinian mother
- Dropped out of acting because she was sick and tired of acting, wanted to have an average life, and one thing she pursued was going to school to learn how to style hair.
Related sites for this celeb