Apr. 26th, 1965
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Kevin James' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - The Dilemma
2010 - Grown Ups
2009 - Paul Blart: Mall Cop
2008 - You Don't Mess With the Zohan
2007 - I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
2006 - Monster House
2006 - Grilled
2006 - Barnyard
2005 - Hitch
2004 - 50 First Dates
2002 - Pinocchio
Guest TV Roles
Kevin was born April 26, 1965, to Janet and Joseph Valentine Knipfing. He attended Cortland University where he played fullback on the football team while majoring in sports management. He realized after 3 years that this wasn't the path for him. After returning home, he decided to go back home and to break up the monotony of the summer, he joined a community theater. During a play in which he had a comedic role, he so enjoyed the crowd reaction, that he joined his brother's (comedian Gary Valentine (I)'s) improv group. He began going to clubs with Gary and realized he, too, had the knack for comedy. He has performed standup up for about 11 years. It was on the comedy circuit that he met Ray Romano (I). While Ray was getting a big break with his own sitcom, Kevin was getting recognition on "Star Search" (1983). After appearing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992), his big break came at the 1996 "Just for Laughs" Montreal Comedy Festival. Afterward, he landed a recurring role on Ray's sitcom, "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996). He has since received his own sitcom "The King of Queens" (1998).
- Attended Cortland University, along with former wrestler and current best selling author 'Mick Foley (I)' (qv) (with whom he also attended high school).
- He met his wife on a blind date arranged by his interior decorator.
- His now-wife 'Steffiana De La Cruz' (qv) appears in 4 episodes of his sitcom _"The King of Queens" (1998)_ (qv) (in small roles).
- His big break came in 1996 when he won at the "Just for Laughs" Montreal Comedy Festival.
- His wife, Steffiana, gave birth to their first child, Sienna-Marie on Friday September 30, 2005.
- Is a member of Pi Lambda Phi fraternity.
- He was raised in Stony Brook, NY, and graduated from Ward Melville High School (Long Island, New York) in 1983. One of his wrestling teammates at Ward Melville High School was future WWE star and author 'Mick Foley (I)' (qv) ("Mankind"). He also attended Cortland University with 'Mick Foley (I)' (qv).
- One of his teammates on the wrestling team at Ward Melville High School was future WWE star and author 'Mick Foley (I)' (qv).