Jun. 4th, 1956
Harlem, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Carl Trent Davis (Voiced)
Keith David was born in New York City's Harlem district and raised in East Elmhurst, in the Queens section of the city. As a child, he realized he wanted to act after playing the cowardly lion in his school's production of "The Wizard of Oz." He later enrolled in New York's High School of the Performing Arts and continued his studies at Juilliard. After graduation, he was hired as an understudy for Tullus Aufidius in William Shakespeare (I)'s "Coriolanus." In 1992, he received a Tony Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in a Musical for his role in the Broadway play "Jelly's Last Jam."
- Frequent voice collaborator with fellow voice-actor 'Ron Perlman' (qv). Computer games: _Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Role-Playing Game (1997) (VG)_ (qv), _Lords of Everquest (2003) (VG)_ (qv), _Halo 2 (2004) (VG)_ (qv), _Halo 3 (2007) (VG)_ (qv). Animated series: _"Aladdin" (1994)_ (qv), _"Fantastic Four" (1994)_ (qv), _"Justice League" (2001)_ (qv), _"Teen Titans" (2003)_ (qv). And they have both had a guest appearance on the TV series _"The Outer Limits" (1995)_ (qv).
- His ex-wife attended Hunter College of the City University of New York (CUNY) with 'Lisa Nicole Carson' (qv) where they both she appeared (and worked backstage) in theater department productions.
- Very popular voice-over actor.
- Following the 1986 film _Platoon (1986)_ (qv), 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv) -- who starred in the films -- did a TV interview and credits 'Keith David (I)' (qv) with saving his life. While shooting dailies in an open-doored Huey gunship, the helicopter banked too hard, and Sheen was thrown towards -- and would have gone through -- the open door. David grabbed Sheen by the back and pulled him back in.
- Nominated for Broadway's 1992 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Musical) for "Jelly's Last Jam."
- Took over as narrator for the show _"City Confidential" (1998)_ (qv) after the death of 'Paul Winfield (I)' (qv).