May. 6th, 1970
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Kavan Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - See Spot Run
2000 - Mission to Mars
Guest TV Roles
Deputy Andy 2.0
Major Evan Lorne
Gym Club Victim
Kavan Smith was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and raised in nearby Calgary. As a child he excelled in sports with an affinity for football and the martial arts. As he grew older he also found a talent for acting and after a brief stint studying economics, he received a degree in acting at Mount Royal College. As an actor in Vancouver, Smith has made a career of performing in many of the United States' most appreciated sci-fi series. He performed five different roles in five episodes of the acclaimed series The Outer Limits. Soon after he was playing the American Pilot in Brian DePalma's Mission To Mars. He then portrayed the role of "Major Lorne" on SG1 and the role was brought back on Stargate: Atlantis three years later. He now recurs on the series. His favorite episode to date was "Runner." In addition, he is also recurring on the series The 4400 as "Agent Garrity."
- His favorite _"Stargate: Atlantis" (2004)_ (qv) episode is "Runner".
- His character, Major Lorne, on _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) was only intended on being used in one episode. The character wasn't seen for quite some time, but then the character returned in the show's spin-off _"Stargate: Atlantis" (2004)_ (qv), and Smith soon became a frequent guest.
- His mothers' name is June Hawk.
- In the "Enemy Mine" commentary, Peter DeLuise says he named Lorne after his brother-in-law.
- When auditioning for _"Stargate: Atlantis" (2004)_ (qv), he was reading for a new recurring character (not Major Lorne).
- Bartended for a brief time in between acting.
- He worked in theater before going into film.
Related sites for this celeb