Jan. 2nd, 1983
Los Angeles, California, USA
Kate Bosworth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - 21
2007 - The Girl in the Park
2006 - Superman Returns
2005 - Bee Season
2004 - Beyond the Sea
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
2003 - Wonderland
2002 - Blue Crush
2002 - The Rules of Attraction
2000 - Remember the Titans
1998 - The Horse Whisperer
Guest TV Roles
Student in background #7
Unlike the characters Kate Bosworth has portrayed in television and in film which are known as "townies", Kate spent most of her childhood in different cities and states. At age 6, she and her parents moved to San Francisco, then to Connecticut at 9, and to Cohasset, Massachusetts, at 14. It was at 14 that Kate, a champion equestrian, learned of a casting call for a movie about horses.
Although Kate attended the open audition in New York for the Robert Redford (I) film The Horse Whisperer (1998) simply in hopes of getting the experience of what it was like to audition for a movie role, she won the role of the female lead's best friend and the chance to work with director/star Robert Redford (I). Her previous acting experience had consisted of singing at county fairs in California and acting in a community theatre production of "Annie". However, since landing the movie role, Kate seemed to be in more sound stages than ranches. Fearful that an early career would rob her of her childhood, she took 18 months off to live a normal life before opting to plunge into acting again. In 2000, she landed the role of the bratty sister in the feature film The Newcomers (2000) and the part of a football co-captain's girlfriend in the Denzel Washington movie Remember the Titans (2000).
Throughout high school, Kate maintained academic excellence and was an honour roll student and a member of National Honour Society. In her spare time, she has volunteered with various non-profit organisations, including a Los Angeles program for physically challenged children who learn to ride horses with assistance.
- Veteran member of the Appalachia Service Project. This is a non-profit organization which for 8 weeks each summer sends groups to the Appalachian region to build and repair homes for families living there.
- Was the first choice for the role of "Gail" in _Sin City (2005)_ (qv).
- Fluently speaks Spanish.
- Named #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Rated #8 in Maxim's Hot 100 of 2006.
- Considered for the role of "Susan Storm/Invisible Girl" in _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv).
- Has been dating musician James Rousseau since September, 2006.
- Named #69 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).