Feb. 25th, 1942
Berkeley, California, USA
Karen Grassle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Wyatt Earp
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Best known for her role as Caroline Ingalls, 'Michael Landon (I)' (qv)'s ranch wife on the TV series _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv) for eight seasons.
- Her first New York break was the play "The Gingham Tree." She had to borrow a dollar from a friend to go to the audition!
- Her father, Gene Grassle, ran a gas station and her mother managed a restaurant.
- After _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv) ended, she was featured as a guest star on various television shows and toured the country performing in numerous plays. Later on, she moved to Louisville, Kentucky, to continue her work in the theater. She was the co-founder and artistic director of Santa Fe's Resource Theatre Company and starred in "Wit" at the Arizona Theater Company.
- In the late 1960s - hoping to boost her career, briefly changed her professional name to Kay Dillinger, claiming to be the illegitimate offspring of the notorious 1930s bank robber (who died ten years before she was born!).
- Graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in 1964
- Trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- Graduated class valedictorian from Ventura High School in 1959.
Related sites for this celeb