Jan. 13th, 1961
New York City, New York, USA
5' 2 1/2"
Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Naqoyqatsi
1998 - A Bug's Life
1997 - Deconstructing Harry
1997 - Fathers' Day
1994 - North
1993 - Jack the Bear
1989 - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
1986 - Hannah And Her Sisters
1986 - Soul Man
1986 - Troll
Guest TV Roles
Julia Louis-Dreyfus was born on January 13, 1961, in the New York City borough of Manhattan. Her parents divorced when she was still young, and she spent her childhood in Washington, D.C., and New York. She met her husband, Brad Hall (I), while in college.
She made her feature movie debut in the Woody Allen film Hannah and Her Sisters (1986). She currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband and their two children.
- Two sons Henry (b. 1992) and Charles (b. 1997).
- Fought NBC censors to allow a scene where a man runs around his house completely naked in front of Ellie (Julia's character on _"Watching Ellie" (2002)_ (qv)). She won.
- Daughter of Gerard Louis-Dreyfus, a French billionaire.
- Both she and her husband, 'Brad Hall (I)' (qv), appeared as part of NBC's _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) cast in early 1980s. They are the only husband/wife team to do so.
- Her TV series, _"Watching Ellie" (2002)_ (qv), was created for her by husband 'Brad Hall (I)' (qv). They originally wanted it to air commercial free, but that idea was rejected by NBC.
- (1998) Chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- Met her husband, 'Brad Hall (I)' (qv), while both were attending Northwestern University (Evanston, Illinois). She graduated in 1982.
- Both her parents remarried after their divorce, and she has two half-sisters from her mother's second marriage and two half-sisters from her father's second marriage. She considers both her step-parents to be as important in her life as her biological parents.